We are currently looking for a Nēhiyawēwin/Cree Translator.
All inquiries can be sent to <questions (@) achimogames.ca>.
Location: Toronto or Remote Work
Start: Late August/Early September 2020
Type: Part-Time Contract (6 months)
Contract: 10,000 CAD
Achimostawinan Games is looking for a fluent Cree translator for Hill Agency. This work can be done remotely.
– Translate signs and some in-game dialogue
– Work with Narrative Designer to flesh out a Cree-speaking future
– Work with game’s Composer to craft Cree-language jazz songs for Hill Agency
– Cree as first language or fluency in speaking and writing
– Central/Swampy or Moose Cree prefered, but all dialects welcome
– A minimum of 1 year of full-time or 2 years part-time experience in translation from English or French into Cree
– Experience writing poetry or lyrics a plus
– Experience working on video game writing/translation a plus
Please use Hill Agency Cree Translator Position as the subject line
Please send to <AchimostawinanGames (at) gmail.com>:
– Resume highlighting any translation and/or video game work
– Video, audio or written cover letter in Cree about why you would like to work on Hill Agency. (Please keep your video/audio files under 15 MB)
– If you already have translation rates, please submit those along with your resume